|Silva & Aegis|
The Silva & Aegis is a sword and shield combo weapon introduced in Update 14, and is the first fan-designed weapon from DE's Community Melee Weapons contest to be added in-game. It is the first melee weapon in the game to deal pure Heat damage as its primary damage type.
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon does primarily Heat damage.
- Heat damage makes it highly effective against Infested.
- Ground finishers are guaranteed to inflict a proc.
- AoE knockback on ground slam.
- High status chance.
- Wide swings can hit targets slightly behind the player
- Shield Bashes dealx18px Impact proc.
- Heat damage is ineffective against Corpus Proto Shields.
- Short range.
- Despite being a shield, stamina consumption with blocking is considerably higher than many other melee weapons.
- Low critical chance.
- Uses the Eleventh Storm stance, the only stance currently available for Sword & Shield weapons.
- When adding elemental mods for combination, this weapon's Heat element is added last.
- It is highly recommended to set Corrosive and Blast damage on this weapon as this combination is very effective against all factions and gives the player immense control over higher level enemies due to the weapon's high status chance.
- The Silva & Aegis resembles the Pyra Syandana due to the flames projecting out of the sword and shield.
- The shield sticks onto the Tenno's arm regardless of equipped status, and when un-equipped, the sword is inserted into a sheath behind the Aegis.
- This is the first Sword and Shield class melee weapon introduced into the game.
- This is the first weapon to be created from the 3 Community Melee Weapon Contest Winners.
- On jump attacks, the Silva will emit a ring of flames identical to that created by the Heat Sword, Heat Dagger and Dual Heat Swords. Unlike said weapons however, this effect on the Silva is cosmetic only.
- Aegis is probably named after the Aegis, an artifact (commonly depicted as a shield) created by the Greek goddess Athena, with a carving of a gorgon's head on the front.
- Silva is likely a reference to Silverbones, the designer of this weapon.
- Because the blade of the Silva itself is made from an additive material, elemental visual effects such as Gas and Heat (which are additive particles) are not as visible.
- When equipped by a Specter, the shield will always be active regardless of their equipped weapon.