|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Electricity damage.
- Highest base damage of elemental damage melee weapons
- Deals Electricity damage, good against Robotic and Machinery-type enemies
- Highest Status chance among two-handed melee weapons, tied with Jat Kittag and Bo Prime.
- Long reach.
- Large jump attack radius.
- Has a x20px polarity
- Stance slot has x20px polarity, matches Bleeding Willow stance.
- Electricity damage cannot be increased via x18px Slash, x18px Impact or x18px Puncture mods.
- Low critical chance.
- Slow base attack speed.
- When combining elements, the innate Electricity damage is added last.
- The Serro has a chance to inflict Blast status effect on its jump attacks.
- It and the Tonbo are the only polearm weapons to have an innate polarity.
- The Serro is one of the few Clan Tech weapons that doesn't require Forma to craft, along with Nami Skyla and Amprex.
- With maxed rank dual-stat event mods Virulent Scourge, Voltaic Strike, Volcanic Edge, and Vicious Frost the Serro can achieve a status chance of 85%. Adding Melee Prowess increases this to 88.75%.
- Combining the above with Enduring Strike will result in an 103.75% status chance during channeling.
- The three blades on the weapon fold up when not in use, and also move when idle, making it one of the few melee weapons with a non-static model.
- The weapon itself retracts when not in use.
- This is the 5th melee weapon released to natively deal Electricity damage, and the third polearm weapon to be released after the Orthos and Orthos Prime.
- The weapon's name is derived from the Latin word serro, which means "I cut" and is the origin of the word serrate.
- The Serro was first seen as an accidentally leaked Codex entry in Update 13, along with the Venka and the Bo Prime, before any of the weapons were released.
- The Serro is the first single-headed polearm to be released.
- Lecta, Electricity based whip.
- Plasma Sword, Electricity based sword.
- Prova, Electricity based baton.