Orokin是一个曾经长时间统治过整个太阳系的古老种族。 可以知晓的是，在Orokin主宰一切的那个年代，他们的科技杰作远超现世。 他们的后裔正是Tenno, 平衡宇宙，支配世间之人.Tenno的族人后来被Orokin送入虚空. 尽管我们对于Orokin的氏族，科技，以及他们消失的原因等信息几乎无法考证, 但是在WarFrame的宇宙中，他们仍扮演一个关键角色.
- 主条目: Orokin Void
- 主条目: Corrupted
- 主条目: Infested
- 主条目: Orokin Language
The Orokin Language is largely based upon English but with a coarser, often more phonetic spelling. The characters are diagonally slanted and are usually written left to right on when on flat surfaces. Vowels take the form of polarity symbols written above the regular characters. The direction of writing frequently varies when it is found on both the left and right of an object, presumably because it was copied and flipped from one side to the other.
Although there are no live excerpts of the Orokin Language to demonstrate how it is spoken, the Lotus, Ordis, Tenno and the Red Veil presumably understand and can speak Orokin as their local language.
- The Corpus, according to the Lore, are hellbent on gathering Orokin technology and relevant findings in order to harness their power and sell them on the market. Their goals were the primary cause of certain events, namely The Gradivus Dilemma and Operation Oxium Espionage.
- So far, the only boss shown to explicitly harness Orokin technology is Captain Vor.
- The Corpus Fusion MOA and Oxium Osprey are the direct result of the Corpus utilizing advanced Orokin technology, as a rare (due to cost and rarity of Orokin materials) upgrade to normal MOA and Ospreys respectively.
- The word "Orokin" may be a portmanteau of the Spanish word "Oro", and the Japanese word "Kin" (金), both words meaning "Gold" which fits the Orokin's aesthetic, who predominantly use gold in their architecture and design. An alternative to "kin" is the English word referring to family or close relations, indicating a "golden family".
- In Solar Rail Conflict non-corrupt Orokin MOAs and Tenno Specter can be found.