Damaged Mods are special mods which are weaker versions of already existing mods. Exclusive to the Vor's Prize quest missions, these mods are identified by their images having a cracked glass effect on them, and the word 'DAMAGED' in the description.
There are three types of damaged mods:
- Reduced drain, reduced bonus, and max rank 3
- Reduced bonus and max rank 3
- Max rank 3
While damaged mods come in three different types overall, there is only one type of damaged mod for each named mod. For example, the damaged Serration mod is type 1; there is no type 2 or type 3 damaged Serration in the game.
Type 1 damaged mods are very useful to keep, as they can be used to make low-drain improvements to new Warframes and weapons.
Type 3 can be useful for players who tend to keep unranked copies of mods in reserve, the type 3 serving as an unranked reserve copy.
Type 2 has no use once an undamaged version is found.
An example of the usefulness of a type 1 damaged mod is the damaged Serration. The unranked damaged Serration can be applied to a rifle two levels earlier than an unranked Serration. Alternatively, for the same power drain, a rank 2 damaged Serration provides a +30% Damage bonus vs. the +15% Damage bonus from an unranked Serration.
Nine of these Damaged mods are automatically awarded upon completion of Vor's Prize missions; all are dropped by enemies during Vor's Prize missions.
- On the loadout screen, these mods are considered the same cards as their original versions, and cannot be combined, e.g. a damaged Serration cannot be placed on a weapon already equipped with a Serration mod.
- On the Mods screen, these mods are considered separate, and do not count as duplicates. e.g. fusing a Serration with a damaged Serration counts only as the same polarity, not as a duplicate.
- Damaged mods do not count towards the Codex. i.e. if you only have the damaged version of a mod, that mod will not show in the Codex. Nor do damaged mods appear as their own entries.
- Transmutation will not result in a damaged mod. Even transmuting four damaged mods will result in an undamaged mod.
- These mods can be traded.
- Update 17.11 allowed to view all existing, unreleased/WIP devbuild mods in Codex. Leak was quickly fixed with update 184.108.40.206.
- Vor's Prize, the quest line where these mods appear.